Avoid rush hour for cheaper fares
Beat the queues
Why brave rush hour if you don’t need to? Off-Peak tickets save you money on the full-price fare and give you a little bit more room to stretch out by avoiding busy commuter times. Perfect if you’re not travelling on a tight deadline.
You can buy Off-Peak tickets at any time. Just make sure you travel during the middle of the day, in the evenings, or any time on weekends. And because we all know weekends should start as soon as possible, our Off-Peak hours start from Euston departures from 09:26 on Friday morning. Afternoon restrictions from London Euston do not apply on Fridays. If you can be flexible with your journey times, an Off-Peak train could be just the ticket.
Still not sure whether Off-Peak is the one for you?
Semi-flexible, can be used on any Off-Peak service including any service at weekends
- Fully refundable for a £10-a-ticket administration fee
- Single or Return tickets available
- Buy on the day or up to 24 weeks in advance
- No need to pick a return date, just return within 30 days of your outbound journey
Seat not guaranteed unless you make a seat reservation. If you want one, request this when you buy
- First Class only available on selected routes
- Outbound travel must be on a selected day