What is Standard Premium?
It's the best of both First Class and Standard worlds - extra comfort and space at a price that doesn't blow the budget. Upgrade and you'll enjoy:
- Extra legroom to stretch out a little.
- A guaranteed table to work or play
- A power socket for every window seat
- Free WiFi
There’s plenty of space to spread out with your spreadsheets if you need to work on your way to work or prepare for a meeting. Standard Premium is very family friendly too. Play games with the kids or let them get busy colouring-in while you relax and we bring the snacks to your seats.
If you need to book your ticket in advance you can quickly upgrade from a Standard ticket by logging into your account, finding the journey and following the instructions to upgrade. It’s possible to upgrade on the train by asking the Train Manager, but seats are limited, so it’s safer to do it in advance to avoid disappointment.
The upgrade is available on most Pendolino services, but is not currently available on the Voyager trains, which serve North Wales, Chester, Shrewsbury and some West Midlands and Scotland routes. Don’t worry though; if it’s not available on your service, the booking system won’t let you pay for an upgrade.
Tempted to try Standard Premium for yourself?
- Book a Standard Premium ticket via our website or app. Plan your trip knowing you’ve got the space and comfort you want when travelling our West Coast Main Line.
- Upgrade your ticket once you’ve purchased via the ‘My Account’ section of our website or app. There you can decide on a Standard Premium or First Class upgrade and feel good travelling to any of our destinations.
- Speak to a member of staff onboard your train today and, if seats are available, you’ll find a seat in one of our Standard Premium coaches.
- You can upgrade to Standard Premium from £25 (prices may vary dependant on journey) which means extra room doesn’t need to cost a lot.
Space to focus on what matters most