How to plan a journey
Wherever you’re going, we can help you to work out how to get there. Our journey planner shows you all the options for getting from A to B via train, even if your starting station or destination isn't an Avanti West Coast station.
- Simply enter where you’re leaving from and travelling to - Use our Journey Planner at the top of the page and start by searching for your departing station name. As you start typing you’ll begin to see relevant stations to choose from. Then, start a search for the station you’re travelling to and select your chosen station.
- Enter your intended date of travel - Choose your outbound journey date from the calendar and select the time you’d like to ‘arrive before’ or ‘depart after’. You can do the same for your returning travel, or select Anytime (Open Return) for added flexibility.
- Don’t forget to add your railcard, if you have one - If you’re travelling with a railcard, don’t forget you can save yourself at least a third off the cost of a full-price journey. All you need to do is select the type of railcard you have and how many, and you’re good to go.
- Find times and prices - Using our rail journey planner makes it easy to instantly find times and prices for your trip. You can even choose between Avanti-only trains and direct trains, and we’ll never ever charge you booking fees. You’ll also be met with unbeatable prices and the ability to pick your seat when booking.
Get the Avanti West Coast App!
Have you downloaded our app yet? If not - here are a few reasons why you should:
- Stay up to date - Can’t quite remember what time the trains are? No problem, our app allows you to check on train times in seconds, so if you’re not ready to travel home yet, you know exactly what your options are.
- Change your journey - Whether you need to amend your journey, upgrade your ticket, choose a seat, apply for a refund or check the status of your train, it’s made easy in the app.
- Make a bike reservation - Got an onward journey by bike? The app makes it easy to plan a train journey with your bike in tow, simply reserve a bike space with your ticket up to 2 hours before your departure on selected services.
- Plan a train journey ahead of time - Already thinking about where you’re going to go next? With the Avanti West Coast app, you can purchase tickets for every rail route in the UK (not just Avanti West Coast routes), so you can start planning.
- Helpful ways to pay - Our app integrates with Apple Pay/Google Wallet as well as PayPal, credit card or debit card - making it easier than ever to secure your next trip.
Download our app today via the App Store and Google Play.
Plan your train journey with these Tips & Tricks
Using a railway journey planner should be easy. Which is why we’ve made sure that everything you need is at your fingertips, so you’ll never have to worry about planning a trip again.