Automated Delay Repay (ADR)
Will I be compensated automatically?
You're eligible for Automated Delay Repay if:
- you booked your ticket via our website or mobile app
- you booked an Advance ticket
- your journey was on an Avanti service from point to point
Our system will generate a claim for you if there is a delay of 15 minutes or more on the train you were booked to travel on.
How do I sign up for ADR?
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, you can then:
- Create an account below: (you must register using the same email address used to book your ticket)
Avanti West Coast Delay Repay
- Opt-in to Automated Delay Repay in your account.
Our ADR system will identify if you're delayed by 15 minutes or more and create a claim on your behalf.
What happens next?
If you're delayed by 15 minutes or more we'll process a claim for you automatically within 24 hours of your journey. We'll then drop you an email asking you to confirm the details of your journey. Once you've confirmed your journey we'll process your payment. This can take up to five working days.
Remember, to qualify for ADR your ticket must be bought with us online or via our app, and it must be an Advance ticket to travel with Avanti West Coast and no other train company.
What is Delay Repay?
Delay Repay is a national scheme that makes it easier to claim compensation when your journey is delayed.
You can claim Delay Repay if your journey with Avanti West Coast has been delayed by 15 minutes or more. Depending on the length of your delay, you may be entitled to compensation equivalent to all or part of your ticket cost.
Delays are calculated against the planned timetable, which is published in advance and is available on our website. The length of a delay is based on the time your train arrives at your destination compared to its scheduled arrival time, not the delay when you first set off.
All Delay Repay claims must be submitted within 28 days of the affected journey. Click below to start your claim:
How do I claim Delay Repay?
Claiming Delay Repay couldn’t be easier. Simply fill out a form online to start the ball rolling. Or register for Automatic Delay Repay below.
Make sure that:
- All fields are completed on the form - incomplete forms can mean it takes longer to process your claim.
- You’ve provided all the correct information including ticket numbers etc.
Ensure the journey entered is the journey you intended to board - not the journey you took due to the delay.
- Ensure that your claim is being submitted to the right operator, i.e. Avanti West Coast.
- Once we’ve received your request, we’ll process it within 20 working days (though it’s usually much faster than this) and you’ll receive your compensation by your chosen payment method.
Try to make sure you fill out all the details on the form as accurately as you can. This helps us process your claim faster.
Avanti West Coast Delay Repay
How compensation is calculated
Didn’t travel because your train was cancelled?
Follow this link to find out how to get a refund on your ticket.
Refunds Due To Cancellation
Compensation for Season Ticket holders
If your train is delayed and you’re a Season Ticket holder, you will be refunded the proportionate cost of the price of your Season Ticket. Your refund is worked out on an estimated number of Single journeys over the Season Ticket’s duration, as follows:
- Annual Season Tickets - 464 Single journeys
- Six-monthly season ticket - 240 single journeys
- Quarterly Season Tickets - 120 Single journey
- Monthly Season Tickets - 40 Single journeys
- Weekly Season Tickets - 10 Single journeys