Travel the West Coast with a 16-17 Saver Railcard
Designed especially for 16-17-year-olds, the 16-17 Saver Railcard gives you a massive 50% off most rail fares!
That means you can head to all the best gigs, festivals, museums, events and shopping spots for less. You can use it to book tickets online via our app or website or in person, and it can be used for advanced and on-the-day bookings so it’s perfect whether you’ve got trips planned or like to take spontaneous days out.
What is a 16-17 Saver Railcard?
- A railcard designed for customers aged between 16 & 17
- It costs a one-off payment of £30
- You’ll save 50% off most rail fares including season tickets
- Valid for one year or until you reach your 18th birthday, whichever comes first
- Can be used to travel in Standard, Standard Premium or First Class
How much does the 16-17 Saver cost?
At just £30 for a full year, the 16-17 Saver is well worth the investment. Depending on where you’re going, you could easily make that back in just one trip - and remember, you get 50% off full-price train fares for the whole year with your Railcard.
How to buy and use a digital Railcard
It couldn’t be easier to buy your Railcard. Head to our Railcard Hub and choose 16-17 Saver. You’ll need:
- A valid debit or credit card
- Proof of eligibility to show that you’re aged 16-17
- A passport-style photo, which you can take with your phone
It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to complete your application. You can either have a physical Railcard posted to you, or you can download a digital Railcard and start using it immediately to save 50% on your train tickets.
Here are some more FAQs on the 16-17 Saver Railcard: