Our commitment to the Welsh language
As part of our programme of service improvements, we have introduced a Welsh Language Policy.
Our new policy adhere to the requirements of the Welsh Language (Wales) Measure passed in 2011 which safeguards and protects the future of the language. We will work with the Welsh Language Commissioner to offer our Welsh customers options to conduct at least some of their dealings with us in Welsh.
Our Welsh Language Policy objectives
The aims of our policy are to:
- Provide a high-quality rail service to/from and within North Wales.
- Adopt a sensible, practical and realistic approach to Welsh language use and provision in our operations in Wales.
- Ensure the Welsh language is included in our customer experience plans for WCP.
- Conform with the guidelines of the Welsh Language Commissioner.
- Regularly review and monitor the operation and implementation of the policy.
- We are committed to offering our customers the opportunity to conduct their dealings with us in Welsh, whenever it is practical to do so.