Once you have signed up for Automated Delay Repay (ADR) then remember to 'Opt-in' to receive emails about your Delay Repay compensation.
Our ADR system will identify if you're delayed by 15 minutes or more and create a claim on your behalf if you're eligible.
What happens next?
If you're delayed by 15 minutes or more we'll process a claim for you automatically within 24 hours of your journey. We'll then drop you an email asking you to confirm the details of your journey. Once you've confirmed your journey we'll process your payment. This can take up to five working days.
How to claim delay repay using our downloadable form
If you would like to make a claim using our downloadable form then you must make sure:
Downloadable Delay Repay form
- All fields are completed on the form - incomplete forms can mean it takes longer to process your claim.
- You’ve provided all the correct information including ticket numbers etc.
Ensure the journey entered is the journey you intended to board - not the journey you took due to the delay.
- Ensure that your claim is being submitted to the right operator, i.e. Avanti West Coast.
- Once we’ve received your request, we’ll process it within 20 working days (though it’s usually much faster than this) and you’ll receive your compensation by your chosen payment method.
- If the form doesn’t reach us, we won’t be able to process your claim, we therefore would recommend sending recorded/special delivery.
Try to make sure you fill out all the details on the form as accurately as you can. This helps us process your claim faster.
Or, sign up for our online portal here: Avanti West Coast Delay Repay
How much compensation can I claim?
Below you'll find out more about how compensation is calculated.
How much compensation can I claim as a season ticket holder?
If your train is delayed and you’re a Season Ticket holder, you will be refunded the proportionate cost of the price of your Season Ticket. Your refund is worked out on an estimated number of Single journeys over the Season Ticket’s duration, as follows:
- Annual Season Tickets - 464 Single journeys
- Six-monthly season ticket - 240 single journeys
- Quarterly Season Tickets - 120 Single journey
- Monthly Season Tickets - 40 Single journeys
- Weekly Season Tickets - 10 Single journeys