Season ticket refunds
We’ve made it easier to refund the time left on your Season ticket.
If you bought your Season ticket directly from us, we can
generally give you a refund if there is:
- Seven weeks (or more) left on an annual Season ticket
- Seven days (or more) left on a Season ticket valid between one and ten months
- Three days (or more) left on a weekly Season ticket
You’ll be able to backdate your refund up to the last date on which you travelled. However, from the 12 May 2020 refunds can only be backdated up to a maximum of 56 days.
We are working hard to ensure your refund requests are processed as quickly as possible with our current average processing time at around 15 days.
Due to measures taken in order to minimise the spread of COVID-19, our call centre is closed at this time.
Season tickets bought at an Avanti West Coast Station
If you bought your ticket at one of the stations mentioned at the bottom of this page, then we’ll be accepting suitable images of your Season ticket to make the refund. You’ll just need to follow these instructions:
How to void your Season ticket
1. Write ‘COVID-19’ in permanent marker across the face of your ticket, being careful not to cover any information such as date or price.
2. Cut your Season ticket horizontally across the magnetic strip at the rear.
3. Place both parts of your ticket next to each other, clearly showing that the ticket has been cut and voided.
4. Take a picture identifying all the information on the face of your ticket next to your photocard.
5. Complete the form below and send along with the image of your void ticket and photocard.
Please note we will only be accepting refunds for tickets bought at Avanti West Coast Stations that have been voided by following the exact process above.
Station bought Season ticket refund form
When safe to do so, please also post your ticket to the following address:
Avanti West Coast
Please also use the link below if you bought you are looking to refund a station bought Car Park Season ticket.
Season tickets bought online
If you purchased your season ticket online then please fill in the Season ticket refund form below:
Online bought Season ticket refund form
Please also use the link above if you bought you are looking to refund a Car Park Season ticket bought online.
Once you have completed the form above, please email it to us at:
Calculating your Season ticket refund amount
You can use the National Rail Enquiries Season Ticket calculator to calculate an estimated figure:
Please note the exact amount you receive may vary from the calculator's total depending on final validation of the refund application. For customers with TfGM calculation is different to the standard calculation and therefore the calculator cannot give an accurate estimate of the value of refund.