1. Double-check travel info: Before you head to the station, take a look at the live travel information for your journey. That way, you’ll know of any changes before you get there.
2. Arrive early: Leaving plenty of time to get to the station means you can relax on your journey. Check the departures board, find your platform and even enjoy a sneaky mince pie while you wait for your train.
3. Pack light: You’ll no doubt want to pack as many presents as possible for your trip home. If you’re hopping on and off services though, it’s probably best to take as small a bag as possible. This will make your luggage easier to carry and fit in the luggage racks, even if the service is busier than usual.
4. Wear comfy clothes: Layers are key to staying at the right temperature when you’re hopping from platform to train. Plus, comfy shoes make it easier to walk through the station with your case in hand. Naturally, Santa hats and Christmas jumpers are encouraged!
5. Before travelling, make sure your phone or other devices are fully charged for your journey: This means you can access your tickets and the free onboard WiFi as soon as you board your train. Don’t forget to pack your chargers somewhere you can get to easily. There are lots of charging points on Avanti West Coast trains, so you can grab your cable and plug in as soon as your device runs low.