Here at Avanti West Coast, we're committed to making sure you have the very best experience when travelling with us. That’s why we're always keen to hear your thoughts.We get a lot of great feedback from the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS), which is published by the independent watchdog Transport Focus every six months.
Your feedback from the NRPS is shared with the Government and cascaded across the rail industry to make sure your voice is front and centre when decisions are made about the future of your services. For the latest set of results, Transport Focus interviewed around 19,500 members of the public to get valuable feedback on all aspects of rail services.
View results here:
NRPS Spring 2020 results
This set of results reflects feedback gathered between 27 January and 16 March 2020. During this period, our network experienced adverse weather including Storm Ciara in early February and Storm Dennis in mid-February. It’s also worth noting that the feedback window was cut short due to Covid-19. This meant fewer customers (641 in total) had the chance to feedback based on this period last year. (1,174 in total).
You can take a look at our latest results for the NRPS Spring 2020 by scrolling down the page. It makes good reading, but we know there’s still lots to do.
Latest report: Spring 2020
Some key highlights include:
- 84% of those surveyed were satisfied with their overall journey
- 96% were happy with how station staff handled requests
- 9 in 10 customers were satisfied with the speed of their journey
- Nearly 9 in 10 customers were satisfied with information provided about train times and platforms
- 88% were happy with station staff attitude and helpfulness
- 87% were satisfied with ticket buying facilities
- 83% were happy with the onboard staff attitude and helpfulness
- There’s a significant improvement to satisfaction for reliability of the internet connection compared to Spring 2019; now at 50% vs 38% a year ago.
Below, you’ll see satisfaction levels compared to our annual targets. Please note that the annual targets are made up of both Spring 2020 and Autumn 2020 results:
|| Spring 2020
|| Annual Target
| On Train
| Customer Service
| Handling Delays
The report also highlights what makes our customers happy with our service, and what can be really frustrating. Punctuality/reliability is the biggest driver of satisfaction at 37%, whereas handling delays is the biggest cause of dissatisfaction at 49%.
We’re focused on improving the service we provide and it’s particularly pleasing to see positive scores due to the actions taken by our people.
We have big plans ahead which include upgrading our entire fleet with new or completely refurbished trains, upgrading the WiFi, installing a new seat reservation system and improving our onboard catering.
We’re really excited. And, you’ll continue to hear more about improvements in the coming weeks and months as we start to bring our big plans to life.